Online Baking Class - Toucinho do céu ("Bacon from Heaven" Almond Cake)
Baking Class - Toucinho do céu ("Bacon from Heaven" Almond Cake
Learn to make this iconic and historic Portuguese almond cake. Rich with egg yolks, almonds and gila/chila jam (if you have it), this cake is always a showstopper (and doesn't contain bacon!). It is naturally gluten free!
In this class you will learn to make:
- How to make and bake the cake
- Flavor and size Variations
This class is given using Zoom.
Each ticket allows access for one device.
Each ticket allows access for one screen (multiple people may work from the same screen)
Shopping list and recipe will be provided 48 hours before class.
The class will be given over Zoom. Link will be provided 48 hours before class.
Note: This class will NOT be recorded to protect the privacy of all students.
You must have access to the following kitchen equipment:
- A 6 inch round cake pan or a 8 (or 9) inch cake pan. You may use spring from pans as well
- You do not need gila/chila (pumpkin) jam but if you can source it please use it
- 1 rubber heat proof spatula or wooden spoon
- Digital thermometer