Online Baking Class - Pastéis de nata (Portuguese Custard Tarts)
Baking Class - Pastéis de nata (Portuguese Custard Tarts)
Learn to make the iconic Portuguese Custard Tart
In this class you will learn to make:
- Massa folhada - the Portuguese method for easy puff pastry using all butter
- The lemon and cinnamon infused custard filling
- How to line the tins to get a swirl of pastry on the bottom of each tart
- How to properly bake in a home oven
Each ticket allows access for one screen (multiple people may work from the same screen)
Shopping list and recipe will be provided 48 hours before class.
The class will be given over Zoom. Link will be provided 48 hours before class.
Note: This class will NOT be recorded to protect the privacy of all students.
You must have access to the following kitchen equipment:
- Metal cupcake pan or natas tins ((standard size (not mini) cupcake pans are the easiest to use for beginners))
- Kitchen scale in grams is preferred but not required
- Heavy stand mixer (like a kitchen aid)
- Rolling pin
- Kitchen ruler or bench scraper