Online Baking Class for the Holy Spirit Portuguese Club - Queijadas de leite (Milk Cake Tartlets) -
Online Baking Class for the Holy Spirit Portuguese Club - Queijadas de leite (Milk Cake Tartlets)
To purchase this class you must be a member or receive an invitation from the Holy Spirit Portuguese Club
Learn to make these iconic and easy Portuguese and Azorean tartlets. They are similar to eating a custard tart but without the pastry. Creamy and slightly chewy, they sometimes remind me of mochi!
This class is perfect for kids!
In this class you will learn:
- How to make and bake the Queijada de leite
- How to customize the flavor by infusion
- Portuguese cooking words and phrases
- History of the queijada
Kids must have an adult present to assist them in the kitchen.
Each ticket allows access for one screen (multiple people may work from the same screen)
Shopping list and recipe will be provided 48 hours before class.
The class will be given over Zoom. Link will be provided 48 hours before class.
You must have access to the following kitchen equipment:
- 1 standard size cupcake/muffin pan with 12 cups
- 1 small to medium saucepan (to heat the milk and the butter)
- 1 whisk
- 2 medium sized bowl for mixing and straining
- 1 soup ladle
- 1 pouring jug (a liquid measuring cup with a spout works well. This will be used to fill the cupcake pan)
- 1 rubber spatula
- 1 fine mesh strainer for removing any flavorings
- oven mits
- cooling rack
- small offset spatula or knife to remove queijadas from pan
- 12 cupcake paper liners to present the queijadas (this is optional)
Class instructions, zoom link and recipe will be sent in a separate email within 48 hours of purchase.